About Arno Mastik
Arno Mastik has been working in the software licensing industry since 1998. He has had several positions at Oracle, amongst others at Support Sales and as an auditor for Oracle License Management Services (LMS). His exceptional technical skills allowd him to become Consulting Manager at a large Oracle consulting firm, when in 2012 he decided to join License Consulting.
At License Consulting, Mr. Mastik used his skills to improve the data analysis skills for Audit Defense activities. He liaises with the technical teams at our clients, assisting them in safeguarding operational excellence whilst keeping compliance in control. His meticulous work and drive for perfection was a pre-requisite in even attempting to fully automate the Oracle script analysis.
- Knowledge about all Oracle licensing agreements
- Technical skills in Oracle IT audits, including Oracle audit script analysis
- Ability to translate specialized subject matter to a variety of stakeholders (System Engineers / DBA / Application Management)
- Define and execute achievable roadmaps for Oracle clients regarding license compliance, ULA certification, license- and support reductions
- Improved the ROI on for Oracle ULA certification in excess of $100 million whilst identifying and eliminating any compliance risks.
- Implement Oracle licensing strategies across large international as well as large central government organizations.
- Acting as strategical advisor for an entire central government with regard to Oracle vendor management across all ministries.
- Reduce an alleged incompliance in excess of $4 million imposed by Oracle LMS to less than $150,000 for a global High Tech company, exclusively revisiting the audit script results.
- Reduced the spend on Oracle support for a Healthcare organization in excess of 70% per year without changing the application deployment.
- During audit defense, eliminated Oracle’s requirement to run audit scripts for multiple customers.
- Assisted many clients in implementing Oracle deployments on VMware vSphere 6.x whilst reducing their Oracle licensing footprint.
- Fully automated the process of Oracle Audit script analysis.